Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

It's an understatement to say business is bad. Business is horrid. Business has little green teeth. It has blood shot eyes and wants to bit me on the ankle. Even Internet orders have slowed. No, I don't want to sell coffee. It's too big of an investment. And I'm not sure having event after event is the answer. Event goers aren't always readers. They are the cousin of the author, the aunt of the painter, the ex-husband of the ex-photographer. They come and go and don't come back.

I will be exploring different ways of being in the next few weeks. New hours are at the top of the list. A different business structure is next. (Anybody want to be a partner?) A new location is somewhere on that list, too. So is a part-time job. (Anybody want to hire a hardworking dilettante who can be smarter than the average bear?)

Okay, I'm going to stop whining.

If you've read this post and want a discount on books, I'll give you 50% off all the cookbooks you can carry. This offer is good until Friday.

No comments: