- Barbara's Santa Clarita house refused to burn down. (Barbara is a friend of John and Gary, my Los Angeles brothers-in-law.)
- Yolanda Chichester's father brought his contribution to our Day of the Dead altar this morning -- three boxes of mass market paperbacks! Now the altar is five rows deep and up to my knee.
- I stopped trying to design postage stamps on zazzle.com. The last stamp was rejected as too political...and gosh it was a waste of time. (If you're interested, I did create a few tote bags. It didn't take as much time as the stamps and nobody will reject them!)
- I acquired some nice art books from Books Unlimited. I'm sorry to see the Tierney Family close the physical shop on South Broadway (in Antiques Row, across from the ARC), but I guess you've got to do what you've got to do. Owen Tierney says the store will probably remain open through the end November. Everything is 50% off, and they still have some fine volumes.
- Teague Bohlen won a Colorado Book Award. (Didn't I tell you he would?)
- Sonya Unrein won a book award, too. (Why didn't I tell you she would?)
- And Squidworks had a successful 24-Hour Comics challenge. Look for a big, beautiful anthology soon.
If you catch me whining again, you're welcome to take 50% off any in store order!