Friday, June 22, 2007

Under the Table, Off the Wall, and On the Shelf

We've been working on opening a Cafe Press T-shirt shop. Miss P is on the front of the T-shirt. She's reading B. Literate's best seller, Read Hard Die Free. We've put no real cash into the project yet, but far too much sweat equity. If you are browsing the Internet and do happen into Miss P's Ts, please let us know what you think. Or do something off the wall! Order a T-shirt!

The K-2 kids of the South Lincoln Bridge Project came by this morning. We read Marie-Louise Fitzpatrick's I am I and made crowns. I had a good time. The kids had a good time. And nobody left any surprises under the table. (The DU Bridge Project helps kids in public housing stay in school. Donate or find out more here.)





I've been reading Jim Harrison's collection of 3 novellas, The Woman Lit by Fireflies. I have to wonder what's taken me so long. The first line of the first novella is a show-stopper -- "Just before dark at the bottom of the sea I found the Indian." What a hook! I had to ask myself -- What sea? What Indian? What kind of Indian? Wood? Metal? Flesh? And how big? 2" high? 2' high? Or 6'3"?

Don't worry about buying the copy on the bookstore shelf. I have my own copy, and I'm almost done.

--NW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should make a cafe press coffee mug. I would happily buy one of those. Nice merchandise, Miss P.

Nan Wigington said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll work on the cup!